Arizona has 3 national parks. I also add Arizona National Parks map on Google map at the end of the article.
Arizona National Parks Map 2024
1. Grand Canyon National Park
Grand Canyon National Park is located in northwestern Arizona, the park encompasses 277 miles of the Colorado River and adjacent uplands. The Grand Canyon is immense, with a length of approximately 277 miles (446 km), a width of up to 18 miles (29 km), and a depth of over a mile (1.6 km).
The South Rim and the North Rim are the main access points for visitors. The South Rim is the more popular and accessible of the two.
- Summer temperatures on the South Rim range from 70°F to 90°F (21°C to 32°C).
- Winter temperatures on the South Rim can drop to 20°F to 40°F (-6°C to 4°C).
- The North Rim is higher in elevation and experiences cooler temperatures.
Hiking: There are numerous trails ranging from easy rim walks to challenging hikes into the canyon, including the popular Bright Angel Trail and South Kaibab Trail.
Lodging: Lodging options are available both inside and outside the park, ranging from campgrounds to historic lodges.
2. Petrified Forest National Park
The park is located in northeastern Arizona, near the town of Holbrook. The park covers about 221,390 acres (89,743 hectares). Petrified Forest National Park is famous for its large deposits of petrified wood, fossilized remains of ancient trees.
Climate and Weather:
- The climate is semi-arid, with hot summers and mild winters.
- Summer temperatures can range from 50°F to over 100°F (10°C to 38°C).
- Winter temperatures can range from 20°F to 50°F (-7°C to 10°C).
- Weather conditions can be unpredictable, so visitors should be prepared for changes.
Hiking: There are several hiking trails, including the Blue Mesa Trail and the Crystal Forest Trail.
Scenic Drives: The park offers scenic drives, including the Painted Desert Rim Road and the Petrified Forest Loop Road.
Wildlife: The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including pronghorns, coyotes, snakes, and numerous bird species.
Petrified Forest National Park offers a unique blend of geological wonders, ancient history, and colorful landscapes. Visitors can explore the petrified wood, hike through the badlands, and experience the beauty of the Painted Desert.
3. Saguaro National Park
Saguaro National Park is located in southeast Arizona, on the east and west sides of Tucson, Arizona.
The park is divided into two districts, the Rincon Mountain District (East) and the Tucson Mountain District (West). The Rincon Mountain District covers approximately 67,000 acres, and the Tucson Mountain District covers around 24,000 acres.
Climate and Weather:
- The park has a desert climate with hot summers and mild winters.
- Summer temperatures can exceed 100°F (38°C), while winter temperatures range from 40°F to 70°F (4°C to 21°C).
Hiking: The park offers numerous trails for hikers of various skill levels. Popular trails include the Tanque Verde Ridge Trail and the King Canyon Trail.
Scenic Drives: Both districts have scenic drives that offer breathtaking views of the desert landscape and the iconic saguaro cacti.
Wildlife Viewing: The park is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including desert tortoises, Gila monsters, and a variety of bird species.
Arizona National Parks map on Google map
Tag: Arizona National Parks Map, national parks in arizona map, map of national parks in arizona, map of arizona national parks, arizona national park map, list of national parks in arizona, arizona national parks list